Wednesday, May 2, 2012

He Might be a Redneck...

     So we have been having a groundhog problem lately and Jake was sick of it.  He searched the house for his pellet gun and pellets and loaded his gun.  He left his gun loaded and pumped by the door just waiting for the groundhog to come out. 
      Of course the groundhog decides to come out Sunday morning as Jake was going out to iron his shirt for church.  Jake snuck back in the house and grabbed his gun so I wouldn't catch him and tell him no. He chased the groundhog to the side of the garage and shot it right in the head!  He was so proud of himself since I had been telling him all week there was no way he was going to be able to shoot a moving target right in the head.  Apparently after he shot it he heard a voice whisper, "Nice shootin Tex!"  I kid you not this is the story he told over and over again Sunday afternoon! 

      I wish I hadn't been so sicked out and I could have gotten a great picture of the huge yellow teeth on that fat sucker, but after holding the shovel for Jake to roll the groundhog on I had no desire to zoom in and take anymore pictures I wanted that groundhog gone- plus we had to get going to church!!

4 comments:

anna said...

this is the funniest thing ever. we were both cracking up! go jake!

Kristen said...

He looks like a little boy, so proud. And no blood on the church clothes! Extra points.

Kristal said...

Holy crap!! That is disgusting!! Why did you not tell me about this!

Chandler Family said...

My Dad needs to know this story he would really appreciate it! Funny!