Monday, April 18, 2011

New York City

Monday afternoon we took off for The Big Apple. We met up with my dad at his hotel it was so great to see him!! He took us to delicious restaurants and ordered enough food for a party of seven we made ourselves sick every night but I loved it because we always finished with an amazing dessert! New York has such great restaurants and we loved trying the new food! Tuesday we all went to the Manhattan Temple. We found a corner bakery and stopped for a snack and I had to take a picture because it was hilarious how crowded all the tables were and how close we were to each other. After dinner we met up with my dad’s uncle for an amazing French dinner (again with all the courses and way too much food!) Wednesday Jake and I went to the Natural History Museum. I don’t love museums but luckily we only had a couple of hours so we were only able to see the interesting parts. We both really enjoyed the dinosaur exhibit and could have stayed there the whole time. After that we shopped on Time Square. We ate at Planet Hollywood and Ashley Tisdale was there to promote her new movie I was so excited! After that we went to the play Mamma Mia. It was amazing I never wanted it to end! Thursday we all went to Ground Zero and walked around Wall Street. We also went to Battery Park where we tracked down the guys who sell fake purses and watches. They were so dramatic and made us meet them around the block because there were too many cops- it was all a big show I felt. But luckily I was a good bargainer and got my watch for 50 bucks cheaper than they wanted! While we walked down Canal Street we were offered all sorts of crazy things but the weirdest was when some guy tried to give Jake weed! I told him he needs to change his image if he looks like the type that would buy weed on Canal Street! Just kidding. Thursday night we headed to the Bronx for a Yankee’s game. It was a great game the Yankee's won with a walk off homerun in the tenth inning. Jake was so excited for the “free baseball!” Friday morning was all devoted to shopping and I loved every minute of it! The week went by way too fast but it was so much fun to be able to hang out with my dad and Jake in New York I hope we make it a new tradition ha!

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

haha i love it! especially the pic of you kissing derek jeter! sounds like you had so much fun! I'm way jealous!

Kristal said...

I love it as well! But what does bug, is I can't click on your collages to see the pics up close and personal....you should work on that! I love it all though. So jealous dad got too see you.

Chandler Family said...

I love all the updates! I'm glad you had so much fun! And, why are you so skinny? Can I be you?

Kelly Jean said...

Ohh, what a fun trip! I LOVE NYC!!!