Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day Fun!


We had such a fun Labor Day weekend in Pennsylvania! We went to visit my cousin Shannon and her dang cute family for the weekend. They werwe so much fun to hang out with! We played games and ate amazing food all weekend long! On Saturday we went to Philadelphia to see all of the historical sites. Everything is so old there it is amazing! We saw the Liberty Bell, City Council building, the oldest church, Benjamin Franklin's house and oldest post office, and a museum with portraits of presidents and George Washington carved out of wood. We then ate a Philly Cheese Steak in Philadelphia! What are the chances right? I was too nervous to try a philly cheese but since we were in Philly I decided to get a chicken cheese steak so I could still say I ate a philly cheese! We were so hungry and they were so good that I forgot to get a picture before everyone was almost done but I wanted to prove that we really ate Philly Cheese Steaks in Philly ha! On Sunday we hung out and played with the girls it was so much fun! It totally reminded me of my family growing up because they have four girls too and they all love playing together in the playroom exactly like my family used to do. Monday morning we woke up and went boating in the Susquehanna River. The water was so nice and warm. We had a ton of fun tubing crazily behind the boat.

Jake was always bugging Sammi on the tube!


We then went and hung out in the Burrow by their house before we had to head home. It was such a fun weekend and we are so grateful to have such a fun family living so close to us!

2 comments:

Kristal said...

I think thats so cool you got to see all that stuff...see there are benefits of living there!!

Shannon Castleton said...

Come back!

We loved every minute.

Thank you for helping us wrap up summer with a big, fat, bright bow.